Chickpea, Sweet Potato & Spinach Curry
Author: Cheryl Stevens Health Coach
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ chili pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- ½ tsp. of hot pepper
- ½ tsp. sweet pepper
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 400g can chickpeas
- ⅔ cup (150ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk, canned
- 3 cups (100g) spinach, chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the grated ginger, onion, garlic and chili pepper. Fry often stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, season with salt and fry for another 2 minutes, then add the spices and mix well.
- Next, add the chickpeas along with the brine, broth and coconut milk. Mix everything and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes without covering, stirring every now and again, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Finally, add the spinach, mix and take off the heat, and wait until it is wilted. Serve with rice.