Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake
Author: Cheryl Stevens Health Coach
Recipe type: Gluten Free; Low Carb
Cuisine: Dessert Cake
- 50g / 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease 4 small ramekins with butter.
- Place the chocolate in a saucepan, add butter and slowly melt together.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir until smooth, then set aside. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Transfer the batter into the greased ramekins and place in the oven. Immediately lower the heat to 175°C. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and serve lukewarm with a dab of cream or ice cream (optional and not included in nutrition info).