Quick Beef Chow Mein
Nutrition per serving: 325 kcal; 10g Fats; 33g Carbs; 28g Protein
Author: Cheryl Stevens Health Coach
- 160g egg noodles
- 200g beef tenderloin
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- ½ leek, sliced (mostly white parts)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- a pinch of ground white pepper
- a pinch of coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce + 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. spring onions, chopped
- Prepare the noodles according to instructions on the packaging.
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a large frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for about a minute. Add the beef and cook for another 2 minutes. Next, add the leeks, capsicum and mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles, season with pepper and a pinch of sugar. Pour in the soy sauce and water, then stir and fry for another 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide onto serving dishes and garnish with chopped spring onions.