Strawberry Protein Muffins
Author: Cheryl Stevens Health Coach
Recipe type: Gluten Free
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour
- ¼ cup (25g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp. rapadura sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup (125g) non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup (100g) strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup (45g) 75% dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until a smooth batter is formed, then lightly stir in strawberries and chocolate chips (leave a few aside to top the muffins).
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and spray with oil. Make sure you spray the liners (paper or silicone), or the muffins will stick.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Drop 3-5 mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through and the edges browned.
- Remove from the oven, and let the muffins cool before serving.
NOTE: Muffins will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the fridge.