My beautiful caramel butter cake is made from a lovely blend of flour that was created by Melinda’s Gluten-Free Goodies by combining wholemeal lupin flour, almond meal, arrowroot, baking powder and celtic sea salt. I have activated the flour with Biohawk’s ginger enzymes to break down the proteins for easy digestion. The lovely caramel flavour comes from rapadura sugar.
Product disclaimer: I am not affiliated with either of these companies and do not recieve any bonuses or commission for recommending them. These are simply two products that I use personally in my kitchen to feed a family member with an autoimmune disease. Please follow the links for more information about Melinda’s Gluten-Free and Biohawk Enzymes. Oh, and enjoy the cake!
- 125g butter (room temperature)
- 180g rapadura sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 240g Melinda's Lower Carb Self-Raising Flour
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin.
- Beat the butter and rapadura sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla.
- Mix in ½ the flour then ½ the milk and repeat, mixing well to combine.
- Spoon into the the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.