Warning! This is no ordinary cake…
Food can be medicine:
Dates – are an excellent source of vitamins including thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K, and minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Dates protect the adrenals and prevent fatigue as well as destroying parasites in the body.
Almonds – contain healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. They help to reduce blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and cholesterol while strengthening nerves and bones.
Maple syrup (organic pure) – contains a high level of beneficial nutrients, antioxidants and phytochemicals. It helps to remineralise the blood and brain
Coconut – is easy to digest and is great for your heart.
Zucchini – high in fibre and great for your colon.
Cacao – raw cacao contains up to four times more antioxidants than traditional cocoa powder and has the highest antioxidant value of all the natural foods in the world.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a rectangle slice tin with parchment paper.
- Place the dates, maple syrup and coconut oil into a small pot and simmer for about 5 minutes until the dates are tender. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Measure the almond meal, coconut flour, cacoa powder and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix in the eggs and zucchini then pour in the date mix and stir until combined.
- Pour the mix into the tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into squares to serve.