I’ve been trying to work this out for a while and finally here it is. Please read the recipe through completely especially if you would like coconut cream with it.
This is a very rich dessert, so you don’t need much of it. Next time I will bake it in a square cake tin and cut it into small squares, put a dollop of regular double cream and a strawberry on top!
- 200g dark chocolate 85% - broken into squares
- 180g butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 extra large eggs
- ½ cup rapadura sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 100g almond meal
- 1 can of coconut cream
- Strawberries - 2 - 3 per serve
- Pistachios 1 tbsp per serve chopped *optional
- 50g dark chocolate 85% broken into squares
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 170°C. Grease and line a large round spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat then add the chocolate stirring until melted and smooth. Mix in the vanilla and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together with the rapadura sugar.
- Add the chocolate mix to the eggs whisking well to combine, then stir in the almond meal.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Place the tin on a wire rack to cool. When the cake has cooled to room temperature remove it from the tin and serve with whipped coconut cream. Important, do not refrigerate the cake, keep it at room temperature.
- Place a piece of paper towel into the bottom of a medium size mixing bowl. Place a can of coconut cream on the paper and place the bowl in your fridge overnight.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge, take the coconut cream out (discard the paper towel) and turn it upside down.
- Open the can and pour the liquid out into a separate small bowl.
- Scoop the coconut cream into your chilled bowl.
- Use a small electric hand mixer to whip the cream.
- Add a little vanilla if you like and whip it through thoroughly.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together over a medium heat. Stir until smooth then pour into a small jug.
- Place a few chopped strawberries beside the cake and a good dollop of coconut cream on top.
- Chop a few pistachios and sprinkle these over the top of the coconut cream, top with a light drizzle of chocolate sauce.