This is a simple melt and mix recipe that is really so easy the kids could make these with a little help to melt the oil.
A very simple recipe, spread the mix into a tin and bake it.
Make sure to cool the mix completely before cutting or it will break apart.
This is a great alternative to store bought muesli bars, which are full of processed sugar, they’re also nut free making them suitable for school and kindy.
- 150g traditional rolled oats
- 15g buckwheat flour
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 50g pepitas
- 50g sunflower kernels
- 15g chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celcius, line a square cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and honey into a small pot and heat until bubbles form. Remove from the heat and pour over the dry ingredients stirring to combine.
- Add the vanilla and boiling water, mix thoroughly then allow the mix to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Press the mix evenly into the tin and bake for about 40 minutes or until the top and edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin until warm then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.