I don’t know why people think wheat is the only grain available on Earth? I haven’t eaten it in years and the only thing I lost was my daily headache and several kilos… I’ve created a new flour blend, I say new as I had blends in a cookbook I wrote in a former life.. Here’s the recipe for the blend, it’s quick and easy to make and if you’ve been on your journey for a while it’s more than likely you’ll have these ingredients in your pantry already – Grain Free Flour Blend.
Waffles are a rare treat, that’s why they’re special. This recipe is sugar free so you can go either way with toppings. If you like sweet add fruit, yoghurt and a little honey or pure maple syrup, or, a smashed avocado, poached egg and a few crispy bacon sprinkles….
Tip: Make and freeze, I wrap these up for weekends, just thaw and pop into your toaster for a few minutes, Enjoy!
- 200g grain free flour blend
- 75g coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- You choose! These are great with a dollop of yoghurt with fruit and maybe a teeny dash of honey or pure maple syrup. Or, smash an avocado and top with an egg and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Add the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla and stir until there are no lumps.
- Allow the mixture to rest while you heat your waffle iron.
- Cook for about 6 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- This mix makes 4 large or 6 small waffles.