Grain Free Anzac Biscuits
Author: Cheryl @ boomeranghealth.com.au
Recipe type: Dairy Free; Egg Free; Grain Free; Refined Sugar Free
- 175g almond meal
- 35g coconut flour
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 100g flaked almonds
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius and place 18 muffin cases into trays.
- Place the coconut oil and syrup into a small pot and allow to melt over a very low heat.
- While the oil is melting place the almond meal, coconut flour, coconut and flaked almonds into a large bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Place the baking soda into a ramekin and add the tablespoon of hot water. Add this to the melted coconut oil. When it froths pour it into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spoon 2 level tablespoons of the mix into each muffin case. Press down firmly with a glass.
- Place into the oven and bake for between 20 - 25 minutes or until they turn a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing the paper.
- Serve when cold or store in an airtight container.