Lunch with leftover roast pork, YUM!
If you have leftovers, don’t toss them, reinvent them! Rule No.1, never serve the same meal twice, unless it’s something they absolutely love… Depending on what it is and the shelf life I usually keep it for a day, so my family forget about it, but like I said it depends what it is, you don’t want to make anyone sick!
On Thursday night we had the most awesome piece of free range organic pork, it was a huge piece and I had about half of it leftover along with two pieces of roast potato (from the organic markets and cooked in coconut oil so worth saving).. What to do? Make kebabs! My family loved them.
Step 1 – Make the sauce
Step 2 – Cut up your meat and thread it onto skewers – I put a piece of potato on the end of mine – you can get creative and add anything you want to these!
Step 3 – Brush the sauce over all sides.
Step 4 – Ready to bake! Make sure they are piping hot.
Step 5 – Make a salad while they’re baking – Enjoy!
- About 500g cooked meat (you could use raw, just cook it longer).
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup tomato paste (or passata)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil + 2-3 tablespoons for baking
- Juice from 1 large or 2 small lemons + 1 lemon cut into quarters for serving
- Olive oil to drizzle over prior to serving
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place the additional coconut oil into a baking tray and melt in your oven while you assemble the kebabs.
- In a small bowl mix together the smoked paprika, tomato paste, garlic, coconut oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Cut the meat into cubes and thread onto 6" skewers.
- Use a pastry brush to coat all sides with sauce.
- Remove the baking tray from your oven and tip it gently from side to side to spread the melted oil over the bottom of the tray.
- Place the kebabs on the tray and bake for 15 minutes then turn them over and continue to bake for a further 15 minutes (if using fresh meat cook for longer, especially chicken).
- Remove from your tray and arrange on a serving tray, drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!